Logo
T. P. Bruss's Collection
 
3/28/2025
 
 
 
 
 
Owner: BNSF Railway
Model:GE C44-9WBuilt As:BNSF 4573 (C44-9W)
Serial Number:51908Order No:1910
Frame Number: Built:11/1999
Notes:To GECX.
Other locos with this serial:  CN 3395(AC44C6M) BNSF 4573(C44-9W) GECX 4573(C44-9W)
  Page Controls   View:  Pics Per Page:
BNSF 4573 and CN 2530
Title:  BNSF 4573 and CN 2530
Description:  A CN train traverses the west leg of the wye as it backs into the north end of the former SOO yard to set out and pick up caps at Neenah, WI on 18 Aug. '18. On the far side of the train lies Arrowhead Park, a closed paper sludge landfill. Before the landfill was opened in the '50s, the south shore of Little Lake Butte des Morts came right up to the north leg of the wye, partially visible to the left of the lead locomotive. At right, a large quantity of fill is being added to the eastern half of the park, in preparation of future improvements. The Fox Valley Energy Center (formerly Minergy Fox Valley Glass Aggregate Plant) dominated the eastern half of the landfill from its opening in Jan. '98 until demolition was completed in the spring of '16. The former C&NW bridge, now part of the Friendship Trail (often erroneously referred to as the Trestle Trail), can be seen in the background. The Roland Kampo Bridge, a.k.a. the Polish Connection, can be seen beyond that.
Photo Date:  8/18/2018  Upload Date: 10/27/2018 2:44:53 AM
Location:  Neenah, WI
Author:  T. P. Bruss
Categories: 
Locomotives:  BNSF 4573(C44-9W) CN 2530(C44-9W)
Views:  159   Comments: 2
CN 3030, UP 5316, BNSF 4573, CN 2530
Title:  CN 3030, UP 5316, BNSF 4573, CN 2530
Description:  A pair of CN trains meet on the west leg of the wye at the north end of the former SOO yard at Neenah, WI on 18 Aug. '18. Arrowhead Park, a closed paper sludge landfill, lies beyond the trains. Before the landfill was opened in the '50s, the south shore of Little Lake Butte des Morts came right up to the north leg of the wye, partially visible between the lead locomotives. At right, a large quantity of fill is being added to the eastern half of the park, in preparation of future improvements. The Fox Valley Energy Center (formerly Minergy Fox Valley Glass Aggregate Plant) dominated the eastern half of the landfill from its opening in Jan. '98 until demolition was completed in the spring of '16. The former C&NW bridge, now part of the Friendship Trail (often erroneously referred to as the Trestle Trail), can be seen in the background. The Roland Kampo Bridge, a.k.a. the Polish Connection, can be seen beyond that. The foundation from the ca. 1955 masonry SOO depot can be seen beyond the dumpsters at left. It was built to replace the wooden depot built in 1891 on Sherry St., about 850 ft. to the southeast, which was torn down soon after the new one opened. Train to the right was backing into the yard to set out and pick up cars and had two locomotives. Train to the left was just passing through.
Photo Date:  8/18/2018  Upload Date: 10/27/2018 2:45:02 AM
Location:  Neenah, WI
Author:  T. P. Bruss
Categories: 
Locomotives:  CN 3030(ET44AC) UP 5316(AC45CCTE) BNSF 4573(C44-9W) CN 2530(C44-9W)
Views:  423   Comments: 2


Site Design ©2001-2020 Tim Huemmer
Photos © respective authors
  Contact: info@rrpicturearchives.net